1. Use of The Web Site
IntellectConnect.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to periodically establish limitations, conditions and restrictions that govern Your right to use The Web Site. By registering as a Member of The Web Site, You represent and warrant that You are at least 18 years old and that You have the authority, right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to comply with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Your account with The Web Site is for Your sole, personal use. You may not authorize another person to utilize Your account, nor may You assign or in any other way transfer Your account to any other person or entity. Furthermore, The Web Site may not be used in connection with any commercial pursuits: businesses, associations, companies and/or organizations may not become Members and are not permitted to use The Web Site. You will not copy, sell, trade, reproduce, resell or use any part of The Web Site, use of The Web Site, or Your username and password (collectively called “Access Codes”) or access to The Web Site to any third party for any commercial purpose. If any individual person, group of people, business, organization, association or company “mirrors” or "frames" any part of The Web Site without the prior written permission of intellectconnect.com, or if any individual person, group of people, business, organization, association or company uses The Web Site to collect Member e-mail addresses or other information in order to target and send unsolicited e-mails, including, but not limited to, unsolicited advertisements and/or promotions, or pyramid schemes, or if any individual person, group of persons, business, organization, association or company uses The Web Site for any other illegal activity and/or activity that has not been previously approved in writing by intellectconnect.com, such activities will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will ensue.
You are responsible for keeping Your Member account and Your Access Codes confidential, and You are wholly responsible for all activities that are carried out by any person who uses Your Access Codes or account. You agree to log out of Your account at the end of each session (this is done by clicking on the “Logout” button on The Web Site) in order to help maintain Your personal security, and You agree to notify intellectconnect.com at once if You become aware of any unauthorized use of Your Access Codes or account or any other breach of security. To contact intellectconnect.com regarding such issues, click on the “Contact” button on The Web Site and type “Security Breach” into the subject line of Your e-mail. intellectconnect.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage that arises from Your failure to comply with the terms stated in this section.
2. Proprietary Rights
The intellectconnect.com logo, service marks and slogan are trademarks of intellectconnect.com. Without the prior written permission of intellectconnect.com, You may not display or use in any manner the intellectconnect.com logo or slogan. All other logos, company or product names, copyrighted material, trademarks or service marks that appear on The Web Site are the property of their respective owners. Any information, photograph, graphic, audio file and/or video file (collectively called “Content”) that is displayed, uploaded, transmitted or distributed on or through The Web Site by intellectconnect.com or by anyone else, including Members, may be protected regardless of whether it is identified as such. Therefore, You may not post, modify, display, sell, copy, create derivative works from, transmit, publish, lease, rent, perform or distribute any Content that You obtain on or through The Web Site without first obtaining written permission from the owner of the proprietary rights for such Content. The only exception to this is information, material or images that are already in the public domain.
You affirm and warrant that You are the exclusive author of Your profile and of any Content that appears in Your profile, and that You exclusively provided the information that appears on Your profile. By uploading, displaying, transmitting or otherwise making available any such Content on any publicly accessible area of The Web Site, You automatically grant, and You warrant that You are legally entitled to grant, to intellectconnect.com the binding, non-exclusive, continual, fully paid, international license to use, publish, distribute, perform and publicly display such Content on The Web Site strictly for the purposes of providing and promoting The Web Site, and to incorporate into other works, or to prepare derivative works of, such Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the abovementioned.
3. Member Conduct
All users of The Web Site are solely responsible for any Content that they produce, display or transmit, either publicly or privately, on The Web Site. intellectconnect.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Content that is produced, displayed or transmitted on The Web Site by anyone other than intellectconnect.com, nor does intellectconnect.com endorse any Content that is produced, displayed or transmitted on The Web Site by anyone other than intellectconnect.com. intellectconnect.com will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any loss or damage that is incurred from the use of any Content that is produced, displayed, transmitted or made available in any other way on The Web Site.
You agree to not use The Web Site to:
- upload, transmit, e-mail, display or make available in any way any illegal Content, or any Content that is slanderous, libelous, harmful, threatening, inaccurate, abusive, harassing, tortious, profane, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; You also agree not to upload, transmit, e-mail, display or make available in any way any Content that violates another party's rights, including, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity, and intellectual property rights;
- harass any person on The Web Site; this includes "stalking” another person on The Web Site;
- harm or threaten minors in any way. This includes uploading, e-mailing, displaying publicly or privately, transmitting or making available in any way any Content that exploits people under the age of 18 in any violent or obscene manner;
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- promote information that You know is false or misleading. You also agree to not use The Web Site to impersonate any person or entity, or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with such persons or entities. You agree to create only one Member profile with The Web Site. You will not provide false or misleading information to any other Member. If information that You provide to intellectconnect.com or to another Member subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, You will change this information in Your account settings (by clicking on the “Account Info” button on The Web Site after You sign in) and/or Member profile (by clicking on the “My Profile” button after You sign in; then on the new screen that appears, clicking on the “Modify Profile” button) immediately. If You enter inaccurate, outdated, false or incomplete information about Yourself when You register as a Member of The Web Site, intellectconnect.com reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and Your account with The Web Site;
- manipulate identifiers in any way in order to conceal the origin of any Content that is transmitted through The Web Site;
- upload, e-mail, display publicly or privately, transmit or make available in any way any information that You do not have the legal right to disclose. This includes inside information, proprietary and confidential information that was obtained under nondisclosure agreements;
- upload, transmit, copy, e-mail, publicly or privately display, reproduce or distribute in any way any Content that violates any copyright , trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any party without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights;
- upload, transmit, e-mail, copy, produce any derivative works from, modify, publicly or privately display, reproduce or distribute any pirated computer programs or links to such programs, or provide instructions for bypassing the manufacturer’s copy-protect devices, or provide pirated music or movies or links to pirated music or movie files;
- upload, transmit, e-mail, display, or otherwise make available Web pages that are normally only accessible with a password, restricted access Web pages or Web pages or images that aren’t linked to or from an accessible Web page;
- upload, transmit, e-mail, display or otherwise make available any instructional information regarding illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, obtaining illegal drugs, creating and/or transmitting computer viruses, violating someone’s privacy or obtaining “bootleg” musical recordings;
- upload, transmit, e-mail, display or otherwise make available any information that promotes illegal activities such as sexual and/or physical assault, using illegal drugs, making or buying illegal weapons, or committing hate crimes of any sort;
- upload, transmit, e-mail, display or otherwise make available any unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, "junk mail," SPAM, promotional messages and/or materials, pyramid schemes, or any other type of solicitation;
- display a repetitive series of words, sentences, or characters; and/or display random characters that have no meaning, and/or display any combination of words and/or sentences that are "off topic" and do not answer the question provided, and/or copy another member's responses, in order to meet the required minimum word limit in The Web Site's profile essay questions. You also agree not to display text with excessive misspellings and/or grammatical errors in Your responses to these questions;
- do anything that might disrupt or damage The Web Site, intellectconnect.com’s systems and/or other Members' systems in any way. This includes e-mailing, posting or transmitting in any way any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that are designed for the purpose of destroying, corrupting, suspending or limiting the functionality of any telecommunications equipment or computer hardware or software.
- engage in any commercial activities and/or sales without obtaining the prior written permission of intellectconnect.com. Such activities include sweepstakes, advertising, the promotion of commercial Web sites or businesses, contests and barter;
- intentionally disrupt the stream of dialogue that is taking place in a chat room on The Web Site, purposely cause a chat room screen to "scroll" faster than other Members of The Web Site can read or type, or behave in any other manner that impairs other Members' ability to communicate in real time;
- disobey any requirements, policies or regulations of networks that are connected to The Web Site; or disrupt and/or interfere with The Web Site or servers or networks that are connected to The Web Site;
- claim or infer that any statements made by You are endorsed and/or supported by intellectconnect.com without obtaining intellectconnect.com’s prior written consent;
- provide material support or resources (or to mask or hide the source, nature, location or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) that are specified by the U.S. Government as being a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act; or
- store, compile or collect personal data about other Members;
Furthermore, You agree to the following:
- You will not remove any trademark, copyright or any other proprietary rights notices that appear in The Web Site.
- You will not display or transmit any contact information including, but not limited to, street addresses, last names, e-mail addresses, "instant messenger" nicknames (other than the instant messenger nickname that You use for The Web Site’s instant messenger system), telephone numbers, World Wide Web addresses, or full names on Your Member profile, in chat room discussions with other Members on The Web Site, in instant messenger conversations with other Members on The Web site, or on any area of The Web Site other than in The Web Site's "Registration" section.
- You will not use any site search/retrieval application, crawler, spider, robot or other automatic or manual device or process in order to index, "data mine", retrieve, or in any way reproduce or bypass the presentation or navigational structure of The Web Site or its contents.
- You will not “mirror” or "frame" any part of The Web Site without obtaining the prior written permission of intellectconnect.com. In addition, You will not use code, meta tags or any other devices that contain any reference to intellectconnect.com or to The Web Site in order to direct any person to another Web site.
- You will not, nor will You cause others to, modify, decompile, reverse engineer, sublicense, adapt, translate, decipher or disassemble in any way any part of The Web Site or any software that is used on or for The Web Site.
- You will not share any information that You obtain through The Web Site with anyone without obtaining the explicit prior consent of the person who originally provided it to You.
- You will not be threatening, profane, insulting, racially offensive, obscene, harassing or abusive when communicating with any representative of intellectconnect.com. intellectconnect.com reserves the right to terminate Your Membership immediately if any representative of intellectconnect.com feels, at any time, offended or threatened by Your conduct.
- You will use The Web Site in a manner that follows any and all applicable local, state, national and international policies, laws and regulations. If You are a national or resident of any country that appears on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of “Specially Designated Nationals,” if You are a national or resident of any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods, if You are a national or resident of any country that appears on the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders or Denied Persons List, or if You are located in or under the control of any such country described in this paragraph, You are not permitted to use The Web Site.
You are solely responsible for the Content that You publish, display, transmit or in any other way make available on The Web Site. intellectconnect.com reserves the right to terminate Your Membership immediately if You violate any of the terms of this Agreement or behave in any manner that could be considered inappropriate or illegal. While intellectconnect.com is not responsible for the content of any messages or materials that are displayed or transmitted on The Web Site by Members, intellectconnect.com reserves the right, but is not obligated, to monitor, pre-screen, move, delete, edit or reject any content, including, without limitation, profiles, photos or messages that violate the terms of this Agreement. intellectconnect.com also reserves the right but is not obligated to mediate disputes between You and other Members.
You agree to notify intellectconnect.com immediately of any violation of the Terms of this Agreement by other Members. Such violations can be reported to us by clicking on the “Contact” button on The Web Site and typing “Violation” into the subject line of the e-mail. In the body of the e-mail, provide a detailed description of the violation, the date and time that the violation was committed and the username of the person who committed the violation, as well as Your full name, username, e-mail address and phone number.
IntellectConnect.com provides The Web Site on an “as is" basis and assumes no responsibility for any damages (including, but not limited to, damages to property, such as computer software or hardware), injuries or losses, including death, that result from Your use of The Web Site, any correspondence and/or activity between You and any third party (including, but not limited to, Members), whether in person or online, that arises from Your use of The Web Site, or Your reliance on any information that appears on or is transmitted through The Web Site. This includes damages, injuries or losses that result from service interruptions or technical malfunctions (including, but not limited to, computer equipment malfunctions, software malfunctions, telephone line disruptions or failure, or technical problems experienced by Your Internet Service Provider), delays (including, but not limited to, delays caused by a slow Internet connection provided by Your Internet Service Provider, or delays caused by the simultaneous use of the Internet or The Web Site by large number of users), errors, defects, omissions, failure to save Member personalization settings, “Hot Lists” and/or e-mail correspondence, or unauthorized acquisition, access to, modification or deletion of correspondence between Members. Though intellectconnect.com strives to maintain a secure environment for all users of The Web Site, intellectconnect.com does not warrant that Your use of the Service will always be secure. intellectconnect.com disclaims any responsibility for any false, offensive or incorrect Content that is uploaded, transmitted, e-mailed, displayed or made available in any way on The Web Site or in connection with The Web Site, regardless of whether it is created by Members, or by any programming or equipment that is used in or associated with The Web Site. You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for any losses, damages or injuries that occur from any programs, software, photographs or other material that You download from The Web Site.
intellectconnect.com reserves the right, but is not obligated to, monitor the conduct of Members and the Content that is displayed, exchanged and/or transmitted by Members on The Web Site. If, in its sole discretion, intellectconnect.com determines that any Content that is displayed, exchanged and/or transmitted by Members through The Web Site violates any of the terms of this Agreement, intellectconnect.com reserves the right to remove such Content from The Web Site, and to promptly terminate the account of the Member who created such Content. As a user of The Web Site, You acknowledge that You are solely responsible for any Content that You produce, display or transmit, either publicly or privately, on The Web Site. Similarly, any Content that is not created by intellectconnect.com but is available through The Web Site is the sole responsibility of the authors who created that Content. intellectconnect.com does not guarantee nor endorse, nor is it responsible for, the reliability or accuracy of any Content that is created by anyone other than intellectconnect.com. Furthermore, intellectconnect.com does not guarantee nor endorse, nor is intellectconnect.com responsible for, any claim, statement, promise, opinion or advice that is provided by anyone other than intellectconnect.com. INTELLECTCONNECT.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT YOU INCUR FROM RELYING ON ANY CONTENT ON THE WEB SITE OR MADE AVAILBLE THROUGH THE WEB SITE THAT IS CREATED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN INTELLECTCONNECT.COM.
You agree that intellectconnect.com shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential, punitive, indirect or special damages, including loss of data or profits, corruption of programs, files or data, or loss of use or other intangible losses, that result from Your use or inability to use The Web Site, even if intellectconnect.com has been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages. Also, intellectconnect.com shall not be liable for any damages, injuries or losses, including death, that result from any communications and/or offline meetings that take place between You and any third party, including, but not limited to, Members, due to or arising out of Your use of The Web Site. Any interactions, communications or business activities that take place between You and any businesses due to or arising out of Your use of The Web Site are solely between You and such businesses; intellectconnect.com shall not be liable or responsible for any damages, injuries or losses that result from such activities, or from the presence of these businesses on The Web Site. Furthermore, intellectconnect.com is not responsible for the wrongful use by any third party of any personal information that You provide through The Web Site. The Web Site may contain links to other Web sites or Web pages on World Wide Web. You acknowledge and agree that because these Web sites and Web pages are owned and operated by someone other than intellectconnect.com, intellectconnect.com is not responsible for, nor is intellectconnect.com liable for, any information, photos, graphics, advice, opinions, advertising, products, data or other content that is available on or from such Web sites or Web pages. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that intellectconnect.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss, damage or injury that results from or is alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, nor for any loss, damage or injury that results from or is alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any goods or services that are made available on or through any such Web site or Web page. Similarly, intellectconnect.com is not responsible, nor is intellectconnect.com liable, for the availability of these Web sites and Web pages. Regardless of the form of action, You agree that intellectconnect.com’s total liability to You for any reason whatsoever will never exceed the price that You paid for Your Member account with The Web Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless intellectconnect.com, its employees, officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, directors and third parties, for any losses, damages, claims, costs, demands, liabilities or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, that arise out of or relate to Your connection to The Web Site or use of The Web Site, including any violations that You make to any of the terms of this Agreement, and/or any violations that You make to any rights of any other party.
intellectconnect.com disclaims all warranties of any kind regarding The Web Site, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any warranty that is made regarding the connectivity and availability of the service, and any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. intellectconnect.com cannot guarantee and does not warrant that Members will be compatible, or that use of The Web Site will yield specific results. intellectonnect.com does not warrant that all Members are at least 18 years old. intellectconnect.com does not warrant that The Web Site will always be error-free, that its service will always run without interruption, or that defects in The Web Site will be corrected. Members are solely responsible for paying any third party fees, such as DSL service fees, telephone line fees, Internet service provider fees, and/or computer equipment expenses, that enable them to use The Web Site. intellectconnect.com does not warrant that the services and features provided by The Web Site will remain the same for any given period of time. You acknowledge and accept that such services and features may change at any time, even though You may not agree with the changes that are made. You agree to use The Web Site at Your own risk. You acknowledge that intellectconnect.com is not responsible for any interruption or suspension of The Web Site, regardless of the cause of the interruption or suspension. Any opinion, advice, claim, advertisement, message, statement or other information that is displayed, uploaded, transmitted or distributed on or through The Web Site by anyone other than intellectconnect.com is not represented or endorsed by intellectconnect.com, and You acknowledge and accept that if You rely on any such opinion, advice, claim, advertisement, message, statement or information, You are doing so at Your sole risk. To report a complaint regarding The Web Site, click on the “Contact” button on The Web Site, and type “Complaint” into the subject line of the e-mail. Please provide in the body of the e-mail the nature of Your complaint, Your e-mail address and Your username.
intellectconnect.com works to provide a secure and beneficial service to its Members. When You register as a Member of The Web Site, You will be asked to provide personal information about Yourself, including Your full name and e-mail address. Your full name and e-mail address will never be shown to other Members, nor will this information be displayed on Your publicly accessible Member profile. When You create a Member profile, You will be asked to re-enter Your e-mail address, but this is only for verification purposes; Your e-mail address will not be displayed on Your profile. The other information that You provide when creating Your profile, however, including Your marital status, drinking habits, hobbies and interests, will be displayed on Your profile for other Members to see. You can modify or update the information in Your Member account (including Your profile) at any time as long as the new information that You provide is, to the best of Your knowledge, current, accurate and true. intellectconnect.com uses Your account information to keep You informed of developments and new features that have been added to The Web Site, to notify You when other Members have e-mailed You or sent You a glance, to announce upcoming events that have been organized by intellectconnect.com, and to make other important announcements regarding The Web Site and its services. In addition to retaining Your account information for purposes of contacting You, intellectconnect.com uses this information to personalize Your experience when You use The Web Site, and to carry out research and provide anonymous reporting for demographic purposes. You acknowledge and accept that if intellectconnect.com is legally required to do so, we may disclose the information that You provide on or through The Web Site, including account information, and that intellectconnect.com may divulge this information if it deems that it is reasonably necessary in order to investigate claims that any Content that You uploaded, transmitted, e-mailed, displayed or otherwise made available on or through The Web Site violates the terms of this Agreement, or threatens or violates the rights, property or personal safety of The Web Site, its Members or any third party.
9. Assignment Rights
intellectconnect.com reserves the right to assign, at any time, any or all of its duties and obligations under this Agreement or to The Web Site, to any third party. If, at the sole discretion of intellectconnect.com, intellectconnect.com’s obligations hereinafter are taken over by a third party, intellectconnect.com shall be absolved of all and any liability under this Agreement.
By becoming a Member, You authorize intellectconnect.com to e-mail You announcements regarding changes and upgrades that have been made to The Web Site, promotions that are offered by intellectconnect.com, upcoming events that are organized by intellectconnect.com, notices that inform You when other Members have e-mailed You or sent You a glance, or any other announcements concerning Your account, The Web Site and its services. You agree to accept these notices as part of Your Membership. If You do not wish to receive them, please do not register as a Member of The Web Site.
You acknowledge that intellectconnect.com may establish general practices and limits concerning use of The Web Site, including without limitation, the maximum number of days that e-mail messages or other uploaded Content will be retained by The Web Site, the maximum number of e-mail messages that a Member is permitted to send on The Web Site in one day, the maximum size of any e-mail message that may be sent from or received by an account on The Web Site, the maximum size of any photo that is uploaded onto a Member profile, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on intellectconnect.com's servers on Your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) You may access The Web Site in a given period of time. You agree that intellectconnect.com has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by The Web Site. You acknowledge that intellectconnect.com reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that intellectconnect.com reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time.
11. Statute of Limitations
You acknowledge and agree that any cause of action or claim that arises out of, results from or relates to, Your use of this Agreement or The Web Site, must be filed within 1 year after the claim or cause of action arose or be automatically nullified, regardless of any law or statute to the contrary.
12. Modifications, Suspensions and Termination
You may terminate Your Membership with The Web Site and delete Your Member account at any time by signing into The Web Site, clicking on the “My Profile” link, clicking on the “Cancel My Membership” link, and clicking on the “OK” button. Please note that once You do this, Your profile will no longer exist, and You will have to create a new one in order to use The Web site again.
You acknowledge, understand and agree that intellectconnect.com may, in its sole discretion, modify, impose limitations upon, suspend or terminate any part of The Web Site, or discontinue The Web Site, at any time, with or without notice. You agree that intellectconnect.com shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any change, suspension or cessation of The Web Site. In addition, intellectconnect.com reserves the right to terminate Your Membership at any time, for any reason, or for no reason, effective upon notifying You at the most current e-mail address that You provided to intellectconnect.com. intellectconnect.com reserves the right to terminate Your account if You have not signed in to The Web Site for 60 consecutive days. If You do not sign in to The Web Site at least once every 60 days from the date that Your Membership is activated, intellectconnect.com reserves the right to remove Your profile from The Web Site and discontinue Your Membership. In addition, intellectconnect.com reserves the right to promptly suspend or terminate Your Membership without notice if You violate any of the terms of this Agreement. This Agreement will remain in effect even after the termination of Your Membership.
13. This Agreement
The section titles provided in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
By clicking on the box on The Web Site’s Member Registration page that asserts that You are at least 18 years old and have read and agree to the terms of this Agreement, You assert that YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED ABOVE.