How is this site different from other dating sites?
IntellectConnect.com offers an exclusive meeting place for thinkers, brainiacs and the intellectually curious. We know how hard it is to find these types of people on regular online meeting sites, which is why we've brought them all together here. Membership is 100% free.
Is this service really 100% free?
Yes. You can create a profile, add photos, view member profiles and contact other members, all at no cost. There are no hidden fees, and we do not ask for your credit card information.
I would like to tell other people about this site.
Thanks! If you have a brainy/bookish friend, colleague or family member who could benefit from using our site, please click on the Invite Friends link at the bottom of this page to let them know about us.
I met a great person through intellectConnect. Should I be telling you about that?
How do I contact IntellectConnect.com?
If you have questions that are not answered by this FAQ, you may contact us via email at http://www.intellectconnect.com/contactus/. We will respond to you as soon as possible.
How do I join?
Simply click the "Register" link and follow the instructions. Our staff will review your registration information as soon as you've submitted it, and we will notify you via e-mail once your profile has been approved.
1. Make sure you are logged in to the web site with your username and password. If you are not logged in, the "Login" form appears in the upper right corner of your screen. Please use this form to log in.
2. Once you are logged in, you can see a secondary navigation bar under the main navigation bar. Under "Profile", click on "Change Photo". You will be redirected to the page http://www.intellectconnect.com/account/photo/.
3. Use the form to look through the photos on your computer and select the image you'd like to upload. Click the button "Submit".
4. Our face recognition software automatically creates thumbnails for your photo. But if you are not happy with the result, you can edit your thumbnail by clicking on the link “Edit Thumbnail” next to your image. Use your mouse to resize and move the area that will be used for your thumbnail. Click "Submit" when you are done.
5. In addition to your main profile photo, you can add 5 pictures to your profile. Your photo album is located under “Media > Pictures”.
Please note: Maximum size of an image file that is allowed for uploading is 1Mb. Images larger that this will not be uploaded.
To find other members in your area, please use the "General Search" feature at http://www.intellectconnect.com/search/. Select gender, age range, enter your zip code (for the US users only), enter distance in the field "within [-] miles" (maximum 99) and click "Submit" on the button of this form. Other fields are optional. For a broader search, use fields "City", "State" or "Country".
If you are logged in to the web site with your username and password, you will be able to save your search. To save your search, click on the tab "Save it" above your search result, enter a name in the field "Save this search" and click "Submit".
I received an e-mail from someone with whom I'd rather not communicate. Can I "block" that person so that he/she can't contact me?
Yes. When you open the mail message that you received from that member, you'll see a "Block User" option to the left of the message. If you click on that, that person will no longer be able to contact you.
To "unblock" a member, sign in to our site with your user name and password; then click on the "Blocked Users" link at the top of the page. You'll see a list of the people you've blocked; click on the "Unblock" link next to a member's name, and that person will be able to contact you again.
What is a "Glance?"
You find a fascinating profile during your lunch break and don't have time to write a full-length e-mail. Don't despair--send that member a glance instead! When you send a "glance" (this is done by clicking on the "Send a Glance" link, located beneath the member's profile photo), that member will be notified that you are interested in communicating with him/her. (Keep in mind, though, that whenever possible, e-mails are generally preferred, because they provide more information about you and your reason for contacting that member.)
I spent what was apparently too long a period of time composing an e-mail message and got "timed out," i.e. the message never got sent and I was redirected to the login site. How long do I have to compose a message?
Default server time for user sessions is 30 minutes. To avoid getting logged off, we suggest you check the "remember me" checkbox when logging in. This will ensure that you will stay logged in even if your computer is idle.
How can I cancel my membership?
To cancel your membership, please log in to your account and navigate to the Settings > Privacy page (http://www.intellectconnect.com/account/privacy/). Under "Who can view my profile", change settings to "Cancel my account".