- 3 words that describe you best:
Slender Scientist in Bunny Slippers
- I am:
- Seeking a:
- Marital Status:
Computers / Internet
Cooking / Culinary Classes
Movies / Cinema
Singing / Playing an Instrument
Skiing / Winter Sports
- In my own words:
- I'm a bit of a recluse mad-scientist adventurer type.
- I completely lack schadenfreude.
- I'm honest to a fault, and highly appreciate the same in others.
- I'm not terribly social, but I started a worldwide social organization called Project Sifter (sifter.org).
- I can drive, ride, pilot, or captain pretty much anything that moves. Including you if you like.
- I would be a foodie if there were more hours in the day.
- I've traveled a fair bit, and have lived on three continents (or more if you start counting islands). Asia or South America are probably next.
- For some reason people are always surprised to find I'm very easy to get along with in person.
- I am a fan of traditional gender roles, in the sense that I am happy to financially support someone who is happy to logistically support me.
- If I were a concept, I would be Meta.
** What I’m doing with my life **
My consistent long-term focus is artificial intelligence research. Working to hasten the fall of mankind and all that. (Did I say fall? I meant to say "evolution".)
This week I am teaching my computer to program, and working on an iPhone version of Painteresque.
I've been a Sudbury school teacher before, and I probably will be again.
When in Maui, besides all the above, I teach kite surfing to my friends and patiently wait for an idyllic affordable plot of land to come on the market so I can build a cool house with secret passages and solar power and big gardens and a fish pond, chickens and goats and... Well, you know.
Tree houses and rope bridges will be involved.
Though if the zombie-bank apocalypse happens soon I may go to Tahiti instead of Maui.
Wherever I go, it would be nice to have company.
** Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food **
Some movies I liked: Serenity, The Fifth Element, Last of the Mohicans, Real Genius, Princess Bride, Harry Potter, True Lies, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Kick Ass, Vanilla Sky, Joe vs. the Volcano, Toys, The Matrix (1), American Beauty, Blade Runner, The Zero Effect, Exotica, So I Married an Axe Murderer, Donnie Darko, 12 Monkeys, The Profesional (Leon).. Recent shows: Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, Firefly, Torchwood
I think this is brilliant. ( ****//****youtube.com/watch?v=Gaid72fqzNE )
I don't read much, but I wrote a novella: After Life ( ****//sifter.org/~simon/AfterLife/ )
Foods: Indian, Ethiopian, Asian, Mexican, and most anything fresh made. My diet is fairly paleo, but in any case I prefer fresh, local, and as grass-fed/pastured/happy/non-industrial as possible. I rarely if ever find myself in the aisles of a grocery store (all the fresh stuff is around the perimeter..) and love a good farmer's market.
I give a lot of thought and research to how diet affects health, longevity, and wellbeing.
** You should message me if **
You are benevolent to the core, drama-free, honest and straightforward. Bonus points if you intimidate most guys with your intelligence and can do successive cartwheels.
Given free time, you would use more of it to make things (food, robots, clothes, babies, plans, music, love, anything!) than to consume, shop, or veg.
If you want to hang out some time, drop me a note. I don't tend to first-contact people here.
- Body type:
- Food Preferences:
- Living Situation:
I'll tell you later
- Social Setting:
Better in small groups
- TV Watching:
I don't own a TV
- Sense of Humor:
Clever / Quick Witted
- Have Kids:
- Want (more) kids: